22 March 2009

The End of A Season

The cycle ends, the cycle begins.  New job, too much commuting, too little practice resulted for me in a season that was a lot of fun, but more of a plateau than an advance. For Liz, a completely different story: she came in to her own this season in Salt Lake, as a skater and as a young adult.  It was so much fun to serve as a timer in Midland MI at American Cup Finals and see her and her teammates, both from Salt Lake and Rochester skate so very well...both those who won, and those who those whose efforts deserved better outcomes (yes, Matt, I am thinking of that great display of aerobatics!!!  I have no idea how you stayed on your blades).

Midland also brought four days of what I love most about our sport...the company and friendship of really good people, parents, skaters, officials. It's a privilege to be part of a sport where so many of the people are open, supportive, genuinely friendly.

Now, a deep breath, a short pause and begin again.  Yesterday I brought my bike to the shop for a tune up.  Like the first robin, the tune-up is a sure sign of spring and, of course, of dry land practice!

No comments: